Thursday, August 4, 2011
I've been in a pretty rotten mood this week. For no reason in particular. Have you ever had a bunch of really small, not really important in the big scheme of things, annoyances happen? That is why I'm in a rotten mood. Just a bunch of annoying, stupid little things that have added up all week and led me to be in a funk.
I will tell you one thing. I REALLY dislike being in a bad mood. One thing that I pride myself on is looking for the positive in everything.
So, that leads me to this. In trying to turn my mood around, I figured it would be great to write something about GOOD and POSITIVE things that come to mind right now.
1. This. Seriously. My kid is awesome. And to be fair, I haven't taken him for ice cream in several weeks/months. He has certain other people in his life who like to take him for ice cream - often. But I'm super grateful that my little guy is going to have a close relationship with those people, who shall remain nameless of course. :)
2. The song posted above. Something about the lyrics and the instrumentals really do put a smile on my face. Too funny. After I hear this song, I start to think about how Lily Allen is British and EMX and I are going to go to London/Dublin in the near future! And then I start to think about that summer in 2002 when I was oh so homesick, and missing EMX so much, but traveling and seeing so much and ultimately having a fabulous summer. And then coming home and getting engaged. And then I start laughing thinking about how I asked EMX if there was anything stuck in my teeth right before he proposed. I'm classy like that. Then I start thinking about my littlest sister L who recently became engaged. SO EXCITING! So yeah - follow that thought process.
3. I was having a really super irritating problem with my car, Pilot Pete. Thankfully, EMX is great at diagnosing (with the help of Dr. Google) and FIXING problems. Yea. Happy dance.
4. I think once R is actually sleeping and I've finished cleaning the rest of the bathrooms, I'm going to learn this dance. That will definitely put a smile on my face. :)
5. I made an omelette tonight for dinner inspired by my favorite at a local diner we frequent. Sauteed onions, jalapeno peppers, tomato and cheddar cheese. YUM! I made it lighter by using 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg. The diner version also has breakfast sausage in it but all I had was maple sausage and that didn't sound right. I topped it with light sour cream and homemade salsa. It was awesome - and tasted like I was at the diner. I love brinner. R isn't big on eggs which is why he had pumpkin waffles for dinner. I make a big batch and freeze them for an easy go to meal on nights I'm making something that I know R will just not eat.
OK - starting to feel better now! Off to clean the bathrooms and learn how to" party rock."