Monday, July 25, 2011

ups and downs

So again, here I am - having to explain my absence!  Whoops.  It's so cliche', but there has been A LOT going on that has kept me from posting.  Things that have happened in the last 3 months:

  • EMX was laid off from his job.
  • R turned 3!  He had a fabulouso Cars themed birthday party.
  • My littlest sister L got engaged!
  • My middle sister J closed on her new house!
  • We had to make a very difficult decision to put our dog Dakota down.  
  • EMX was offered 3 positions within a 2 day period.  Another very difficult decision.
  • EMX accepted a position locally - We don't have to move!
  • We went to NYC for a long weekend to visit some friends that we haven't seen in 3+ years and go to a concert and had a blast.
  • I lost some weight by tracking what I ate.  Not very fun when it comes to cooking, but that helps to further explain my absence.  It's not fun to cook and write about glorious food when you are really trying to learn and limit foods that are not great for your body!  BUT I'm finally back to wedding weight.... which is a good 10 lbs less than pre-pregnancy weight.  

We've had a lot of ups and downs.  Things are finally starting to settle down a bit.  I should be able to get back on track with cooking and posting.

A very big THANK YOU to all of our family and friends who offered us support and prayers during the past several months.  Here is to hoping the second half of 2011 is more UPs than downs!

I'll leave you with one of my favorite semi recent pictures of R.  This was on his 3rd birthday (not at his party), singing while wearing his birthday crown that the kind people at Toy R Us gave to him while shopping with his Mama (Grandma OO)



Seriously, this kid cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment