Monday, February 28, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

This past Sunday, my sister L and I decided to make these Cookie Dough Truffles, but with a few variations.

One, I don't really like nuts in my cookies and neither does EMX so we left them out.

Two, I just dumped the remainder of a bag of mini chocolate chips instead of measuring out the 1/2 cup.  Who wants a limit on chocolate, really?

Three, I used dark chocolate chips for the coating and when I ran out of those, I switched to milk chocolate wafers that I had leftover in the pantry.

Four, instead of immediately forming the balls after mixing, I put the mixture in the fridge for about an hour and then formed into balls and put BACK into the fridge to firm up some more.  MUCH easier and less gooey this way.

The result?  TO DIE FOR!  If you LOVE chocolate cookie dough ice cream like I do, you will love these.  They have the same texture as cookie dough, so you can eat as much as you want and not feel bad or worry about the raw eggs!  I would even dare to say that you could leave these in the mixing bowl, not form into balls at all and just grab a spoonful at a time.  GASP!  But, who does that?  I mean, really.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yea! First follower! ;)

    These sound so yummy. I love cookie dough and will admit that I probably eat more dough than the actual cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally ...to die for.... well done !!

    ReplyDelete