Thursday, July 3, 2014

21 day fix challenge - coming soon to a blog near you

Ok, I'll admit it.  Now that I'm working from home instead of at the office, my eating habits have gotten worse.  I knew that it was going to be an issue but I thought I'd be able to get over it after a week or two of indulging a little more. Confession: ICE CREAM IS SO DARN DELICIOUS!  The weather has been perfect "go and get ice cream" weather and I just.cannot.stop. I even reactivated my MFP account in the hopes that I would start food tracking again, but after 1/2 a day, I stopped, haha.  There was nothing to keep me accountable there so it was very easy to just not enter in the foods.

My friend C approached me a few weeks ago after we had a discussion about Beachbody and their programs and asked if I'd like to become a coach and help her lead a 21 day fix challenge at Bounce Aerobics (which is my happy place btw).  Let me tell you, I NEVER ever would have considered it in the past because our plate is usually overflowing with our to-do list.  BUT, given that things are starting to settle down a teeny tiny bit, I thought I would give it a try, if not for anything else but to make myself accountable for my food decisions and working out.  Plus I LOVE the BB workouts (especially PiYo which I teach at Bounce).

I've been a little better about getting to classes, but I'm still a horrible "workout at home" person.  SO...... drum roll.......... I'm going to do the 21 day fix program and (gasp) work out at home when I cannot get to Bounce for classes.  I'm going to (gasp again) work out every day for at least 30 minutes while making sure that my food portions are spot on and balanced.

What does that mean?  No ice cream for 3 weeks.  No glass of Pinot Grigio while relaxing on the couch for 3 whole weeks.  But, I'm actually looking forward to it.  21 days is long enough to start to form new patterns of behavior and enforce them so I'm excited about the fact that I can hopefully get out of this "too much food" rut and get back to healthy eating and exercise.  I'm also hoping that these 6 lbs that are sticking around will be GONE and not come back.

If you think you may want to join me for this challenge, you can purchase through me here.  You can purchase the 21 day fix with or without shakeology, which is awesome.  AND even though Bounce is leading the challenge, you don't have to go to their classes to be a part of the challenge with us because the 21 day fix program comes with workout DVDs!






No comments:

Post a Comment