Tuesday, July 22, 2014

21 Day Fix - Day 8 - when plans change

I was determined to get an A+ for today's meal.  I knew that I was bringing baked ziti to church tonight for dinner, so I planned my day to leave two yellow containers and one blue for my ziti.  I also left one green container for veggies thinking I'd have salad.  Unfortunately, plans changed... but I think I did OK in the end!

8:00 Breakfast
2 eggs
strawberries and blueberries
coffee


11:45 workout
Total Body Cardio Fix - 30 minutes
Pilates Fix - 30 minutes

Sweaty after the total body cardio, but I wanted to try the Pilates Fix!

1:25 Lunch
spinach / green salsa
chicken
carrots
sunflower seeds (not pictured)


Not so pretty.  But pretty tasty!
So for lunch, I was lazy, but inventive.  I didn't want regular dressing.  I thought maybe green salsa would be a good topping for a simple spinach and chicken salad, and low and behold, it's a perfect GREEN condiment.  It's all veggies, no sugar!  Love it.  This is what I had on hand.  It's really tasty and healthy!



















3:00 Snack
Apple with almond butter (1tsp)

6:00 Dinner
Spaghetti Squash
shredded mozzarella cheese
tomato sauce (1/2 purple container)
chicken

At the last minute (as the ziti was cooking), EMX and I decided that since Mama and Papa were going to be at church tonight, it might be better if we stayed home with G.  I would be able to get some more work done, G would be able to get to bed at her normal time, we'd have time for her bath, etc.  This threw a kink into my food plan for the day since I had already allotted two yellow and one blue for the ziti.  I couldn't very well take ziti out of the pan before we sent it to church, so again, we got creative with what we had in the house.  I didn't plan much for dinners at home this week since we would be at church every night and only really bought stuff that we'd be bringing, or that we could have for lunches.  I made some rigatoni for EMX and G, and I warmed up leftover spaghetti squash for myself.  Since we had all smelled the ziti cooking, we added sauce and leftover baked chicken to our "pasta" of choice and topped with cheese.


G ate 2 bowls of her rigatoni.  I don't know how she does it at such a young age, but she knows the difference between pasta and chicken and refused to eat most of her chicken tonight.  Little stinker.

8:00 Workout
Yoga Fix - 30 minutes

Again, unplanned.  If I had known that we would be home tonight, I wouldn't have done two workouts during the day.  But EMX actually liked (GASP) the other 21 Day Fix workout that we did, so it was easy to persuade him to try the yoga one, especially since he's really trying to amp up his training for the WineGlass Marathon coming this fall.  I had done this video previously and really enjoyed the variety of moves and ample stretching.

So, I never ever EVER thought I'd like doing a home workout, but I'm really enjoying these workouts!  I'm finding them different enough each day, and through each individual workout that I challenge myself and don't fall into the trap of taking the easy route.  I honestly never thought I'd be able to do this everyday, let alone multiple times in a day!

8:30 snack
4 oz pinot grigio

Hey - need to use up at least one of those yellows, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment